National Certificate: Local Economic Development
SAQA ID. 36438
Minimum Credits: 142
NQF Level: 5
Duration: 12 months (1 year)
This Qualification has been designed as a Qualification for officials who are working in Local Economic Development at an operational management level. It takes some of the key aspects of Local Economic Development introduced at NQF Level 4 and requires their practical application in the Local Economic Development environment in general and own work context in particular. It focuses on providing the learner with a range of processes that will ensure that Local Economic Development efforts bring about sustainable development. The qualification provides a basis for progressing to a Qualification at NQF Level 6 and as such contributes to the development of the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values for a learner who wishes to progress along a career path in the sector of Local Economic Development.
Career Fields: What are the career opportunities available after completing this qualification?
- Economic Development Officers
- Managers of local or regional economic development organizations
- Business development specialists with municipalities or industry organizations
- Tourism or recreation specialists
- What are the entry requirements for this qualification?
- Communication at NQF Level 4
- Basic Project management principles as contained in the Unit Standards in Project Management at NQF Level 4.
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
How long does it take for me to complete this qualification?
12 months/1 year
What is this course’s accreditation status?
This qualification is accredited by LG Seta (Local Government and related Services Sector Education and Training Authority)